Daimler-Benz "quartier" at Potsdamer Platz officially opened

  • Date
    2 October 1998
  • Description
    The Daimler-Benz "Quartier" at Potsdamer Platz is officially opened in a ceremony attended by German President Dr Roman Herzog, over 4000 guests and more than 1000 journalists. The new Potsdamer Platz, the creative masterpiece of Renzo Piano and Christoph Kohlbecker, comprises 19 buildings, 10 new streets, a central piazza and water features over an area of 12,000 sq m along what was once the border between East and West Berlin. debis Immobilienmanagement GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of debis AG, had assumed responsibility for the on-site realisation of the project.

  • 2001DIG324
    Opening of Daimler-Benz "quartier" on Potsdamer Platz in Berlin on October 2, 1998. Thousands of Berliners flocked to the large light and laser show in the evening.
    Daimler-Benz Areal am Potsdamer Platz
Loading