Following the takeover of the Unimog sector from the Boehringer company, series production of the Unimog began at the Daimler-Benz truck plant in Gaggenau in 1951. The model was adopted almost unchanged, with most changes improving its suitability for easier large-scale production. In accordance with the cost centre, the models were designated the 2010 series and continued to have the oxhead on the bonnet as a trademark. 4804 units were produced between 1951 and 1953. The equipment variants were numbered from 1-8, with an M for military vehicles for Switzerland.